01 April 2008

maybe this time things will be different

hey gang:

a bunch of my students have started friending me on facebook, and there is a link to my blog on my facebook page. hello, cheme390 students! thinking that maybe this wasn't the greatest combination, i went back to some blog pages to see if there was anything objectionable. there wasn't, but it made me kind of miss my quasi-quotidian quips and quibbles. so, blog, what do you say? for old time's sake? why don't we give it another shot?

====

i found this program called "jester" yesterday, which after testing how funny you find a series of initial jokes, recommends some jokes that you may like. kind of like pandora for jokes. i don't think there's an incredible amount of data (or jokes), but i read some good ones on there. my favorite ones tended to be the completely non sequitur ones. ones where you never see the punchline coming.

example:
Q: What did the blind person say when given some matzah?
A: Who the hell wrote this?

i just laughed out loud at that one again.

====

i'm pretty busy this semester, with TAing (lots of work, completely blows my monday and tuesday out the window), my wine chemistry class (which i'll get into later), research, and a small part in "As You Like It" at the Schwartz Center (!). but i will try to add at least something on a pseudo-regular basis.

ps no this is not an april fool's joke. i can't say that i didn't consider it, though.

No comments: